- Assistant Coordinator Information Technology
- Research Assistant – Cognition and Action Laboratory
- Student Volunteers
- Research Participant Recruiter – The Klein Family Parkinson’ Rehabilitation Center
Research Participant Recruiter – The Klein Family Parkinson’ Rehabilitation Center
The Klein Family Parkinson’s Rehabilitation Center, a joint initiative of MossRehab and the Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute (MRRI) (part of the Einstein Healthcare Network), is seeking a research participant recruiter. The Klein Parkinson’s Rehabilitation Center is a new initiative seeking to improve care for patients with Parkinson’s Disease through increased integration of clinical, rehabilitative, and research efforts. This position will play a key role in advancing the mission of the Research Registry arm of the Center: to increase patient involvement in research at MRRI by providing recruitment infrastructure and support for MRRI research labs that study how Parkinson’s Disease impacts cognition, behavior, and movement.
- Screening patients for eligibility to participate in the Research Registry using hospital charts and neuropsychological assessments
- Educating patients and families about research participation opportunities at Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute
- Entry and updating of research participant information in an in-house database
- Working with other Registry team members to optimize Registry procedures and participant outreach
- Assisting with the development and expansion of the Center.
The candidate must be a clear and effective communicator, have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be capable of learning on the job and working independently. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with patients or special populations. Preferred: knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with clinical and/or outpatient therapy settings.
Einstein Healthcare Network offers a competitive salary and healthcare benefits package along with tuition reimbursement.
BA/BS level minimum.
Eligible applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references that can attest to your work and/or academic history and why you are a strong candidate for the position relative to the above requirements.
Interested applicants may EMAIL or MAIL their resume and references to:
Aaron L. Wong, PhD
Phone: 215 663-6747
Mail: Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute; 50 Township Line Rd., Elkins Park, PA, 19027.
Assistant Coordinator Information Technology
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute is seeking a full-time employee to serve as Assistant Coordinator of Information Technology. This individual will assist the Coordinator in maintaining, upgrading and management of software, hardware and network. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the prevention of unauthorized access to Institute data and responding to privacy breaches. An ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, and to communicate effectively with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users, is required. The overarching responsibility of this position is to ensure that the MRRI technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist in installing and configuring MRRI’s servers, software, hardware and networks (LAN & WAN)
- Monitor, maintain, and test internet performance and ensure network availability for all users.
- Assist in the management of network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs)
- Assist with securing networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems
- Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to Staff
- Experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- You should have a thorough knowledge of the Mac Operating System.
- Familiarity with other operating systems and platforms (Windows, Linux, NAS)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
Interested Applicants should send a resume, including contact information for three references to:
MRRI Research Administrator
Research Assistant – Cognition and Action Laboratory
The Cognition and Action Lab at Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute (MRRI), directed by Dr. Laurel Buxbaum, has an opening beginning late spring/early summer 2019 for a full-time Research Assistant. The position involves assisting on an NIH-funded study of tool use action as it relates to cognitive control, concept representation, and motor planning, and includes research on healthy and stroke populations using behavioral experiments and state-of-the art functional and structural neuroimaging. Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute is a supportive, stimulating academic environment offering many training opportunities, including close collaboration with colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University, and is located near the vibrant city of Philadelphia. We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan including medical/dental/vision coverage, generous vacation time, and tuition reimbursement.
See our laboratory website at https://www.mrri.org/focus-areas/cognition-and-action-laboratory. Applicants must have a strong academic background (BA/BS or MA/MS) in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or a related field, coursework and experience in statistics and research methods, excellent organizational, analytic, and interpersonal skills, and programming ability in EPrime or Matlab. Prior human behavioral research lab experience is essential. Applicants able to commit to the position for 2 years will be given strong priority.
To apply, please email a cover letter detailing experience with the above, CV including details of technical and statistical skills, and 2-3 professional reference letters to: Mr. Harrison Stoll (Stollhar@einstein.edu) with the header “Research Assistant Cognition and Action Lab”.
On occasion, one or more of the Labs at MRRI accepts graduate or undergraduate students to assist with Lab activities for a limited period of time, typically during the summer. These are unpaid positions and may be full- or part-time. Send an email to the Director of the Lab(s) that interest you to inquire about availability of volunteer positions.
Einstein Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.